(Scholarships awarded in connection with the 2022-2023 academic year)
1. ELIGIBILITY: This 2022 scholarship program (the “Scholarship Program”) is open to high school seniors and college freshmen who have been invited to enter by a Garden of Dreams Foundation partner organization. Each applicant must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Each applicant must be seventeen (17) years of age to twenty-two (22) years of age at the time of application and currently enrolled (or enrolling no later than 2022-2023) in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher learning (college, university or trade school). Each applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent) or can provide official documentation supporting a learning need. Each applicant must be recommended by one of Garden of Dreams Foundation’s 30 partner charities. For high school senior applicants, each awarded scholarship may be renewed for up to three (3) years provided the student continues to adhere to the eligibility requirements as communicated by or on behalf of the Garden of Dreams Foundation (for example: maintaining a certain minimum GPA). For college freshmen applicants, each awarded scholarship may be renewed for up to two (2) years provided the student continues to adhere to the eligibility requirements as communicated by or on behalf of the Garden of Dreams Foundation (for example: maintaining a certain minimum GPA).
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, beginning February 8, 2022, submit a complete scholarship application online at the Sponsor’s Website (https://www.myscholarship.app/garden-of-dreams-inspire-scholarship) no later than March 11, 2022, at 11:59 pm Eastern Time. Limit one (1) Application per person. The application must include name and contact information, background details, academic details, and a short original, previously unpublished written response to the scholarship topics, “How has the Garden of Dreams Foundation made an impact on your life?” and “How do you feel the Garden of Dreams Inspire Scholarship would impact/change your educational aspirations and/or school choice?” and “Tell us about your educational and career goals and objectives” and “Please describe how and when any unusual family or personal circumstances have affected your achievement in school, work experience, or your participation in school and community activities” and “Tell us about your attendance and involvement in Garden of Dreams related activities, programs, and events (examples include, but are not limited to: Talent Show, MSG4ME, MSG Classroom, Make-A-Dream Come True and Wish fulfillment experiences). For each activity, indicate the years of participation.” Your written response must be written in English, with correct spelling and grammar, and it must not exceed two hundred fifty (250) words. No substitutions of new drafts or corrected pages will be accepted once you have submitted your original Application. Written responses that are obscene, pornographic, libelous, or otherwise objectionable will be disqualified. All Applications become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, or unintelligible Applications. By submitting an Application, you fully and unconditionally accept and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding.
3. SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: Sponsor is looking for eligible applicants who follow directions and submit Applications that are well-written and clearly and creatively address the topic described above. On or about April 30, 2022, a qualified panel of judges will select a minimum of twelve (12) winners based on the criteria of Garden of Dreams participation (30%), Unusual personal or family circumstances (15%) Statement of career and educational goals and objectives (15%), Recommendation letter (10%), Academic performance (10%), Demonstrated leadership (10%), School and community activities (5%) and Work experience (5%). Sponsor will select a minimum of twelve (12) of the submitted Applications as potential Prize Winning Applications. In the event of a tie, the potential winners will be the applicant with the higher score for overall excellence. The potential winner will be notified by e-mail, at which time he/she will be required to sign further documentation as explained below. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right to choose no Scholarship Prize Recipient if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Applications. Portions of the Prize Winning Application may be posted on the Sponsor’s Website, or used in other marketing materials, without further compensation or notice to the winner.
4. PRIZES: A minimum of twelve (12) winners will each receive a Scholarship Prize in the amount of ten thousand dollars and zero cents ($10,000.00). At most, there will be approximately twelve (12) high school senior winners and approximately six (6) college freshman winners. Scholarship awards may be renewable up to two years for college freshmen and three years for high school seniors, provided the student continues to adhere to the eligibility requirements as communicated by or on behalf of the Garden of Dreams Foundation (for example: maintaining a certain minimum GPA). This means high school seniors can earn up to forty thousand dollars ($40,000) and college freshmen can earn up to thirty thousand dollars ($30,000). The Scholarship Prize will be in the form of an ACH payment made payable directly to the accredited post-secondary institution of higher education attended by the Scholarship Prize Recipient (once the Scholarship Prize Recipient has enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher education and submitted proof of enrollment to Sponsor). Scholarship Prize Recipient must submit proof of enrollment on or before 8/30/2022. Scholarship Prize may not be assigned, transferred, or changed, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Scholarship Prize may be used for any educational expenses that can be made expensable by the school. No cash equivalent prize will be awarded. The awarding of any Scholarship Prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Rules and subject to Sponsor’s verification of Applicant and Applicant’s submission. Applicants agree to be bound by Official Rules and agree that if any Scholarship Prize Recipient fails to provide proof of identity, refuses to provide required affidavit, refuses to complete and provide any requested tax forms (including IRS W-9 form), is found to have violated the Official Rules or otherwise does not meet eligibility criteria, Scholarship Prize will be forfeited and the Applicant who submitted the Application with the next highest score will become an alternate potential Scholarship Prize Recipient. Applicants understand that Sponsor is not liable for injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in this Scholarship Program and acceptance, possession and use of the Scholarship Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Scholarship Program or in the announcement of the Scholarship Prize. Taxes on prizes are sole responsibility of Scholarship Prize Recipients. Scholarship Prize Recipients will be issued 1099 tax forms.
6. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, by accepting a Scholarship Prize, the Scholarship Prize Recipients agree that Sponsor may, without any limitation or further compensation or notice, use his or her name, voice and/or likeness in any and all media, worldwide, for the purpose of advertising and promoting the Sponsor, and the Scholarship Program, and Sponsor may grant such rights to Education Dynamics solely for Education Dynamics to promote or advertise the Scholarship Program.
7. OWNERSHIP: By submitting an Application, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) Sponsor will own your Application, including your written response submission, and (b) as between you and Sponsor, Sponsor will own all publishing rights in and to the Application and the written response submission. Each Applicant hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns and conveys to the Sponsor, its successors and assigns, all present and future right, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary or allied thereto (including, without limitation, all derivative rights) in and to the Application and the written response submission(s) for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised (the “Rights”). Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter, the Application and written response submission(s) for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each Applicant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have in the Application and written response submission(s) submitted by him or her. Each Applicant hereby acknowledges that such Applicant does not reserve any rights in and to the Application and the written response submissions.
8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, by participating, each Applicant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor and their agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the state of New York without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Applicant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Scholarship Program, or awarding of the prizes, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the state of New York and Applicant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Scholarship Program, Applicant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Scholarship Program, or awarding of the Scholarship Prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Scholarship Program but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
9. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION. Each applicant who enters this Scholarship Program represents and warrants to Sponsor as follows: (i) the Application, including the written response submission is the Applicant’s own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the written response submission is wholly original with Applicant and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the written response submission neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (iv) the written response submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and meets the Submission Requirements set forth above. Each Applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor, its members, directors, employees, and affiliates harmless from and against any and all claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any acts, omissions to act, breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Applicant hereunder.
10. FURTHER DOCUMENTATION: Except where prohibited, potential Scholarship Prize Recipients (or their parents or legal guardians if they are minors at the time of application) will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity/Liability Release, and Copyright Assignment within ten (10) days of notification or the Applicant with the Application with the next highest score will become an alternate potential Scholarship Prize Recipient. If notification to a potential Scholarship Prize Recipient is returned as undeliverable, the Applicant with the Application with the next highest score may become an alternate potential Scholarship Prize Recipient.
11. NO OBLIGATION TO USE. Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any winning Application, or to otherwise exploit a winning Application or continue the development, production, distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of the winning Application for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and the Scholarship Prize Recipients shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
12. IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ – GENERAL RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. By entering the Scholarship Program, each Applicant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor, its related companies, affiliates, members, and each such company’s respective employees, officers, directors and agents are not responsible for any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with: (i) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive Applications due to any cause, including without limitation human, transmission, or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender, or otherwise, that may limit an Applicant’s ability to participate in the Scholarship Program; or (ii) any injury or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Scholarship Program and/or the use of any prize, including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the Applicant’s rights of publicity or privacy, or the Applicant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an Applicant’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Scholarship Program website or participating in the Scholarship Program, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. This scholarship program is subject to all U. S. federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
13. SPONSOR’S RIGHT TO MODIFY, SUSPEND OR TERMINATE. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Scholarship Program by any event beyond its reasonable control, then Sponsor shall have the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend, or terminate the Scholarship Program.
14. GENERAL PROVISIONS. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the application process or the operation of the Scholarship Program or the Scholarship Program website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, to be submitting responses dishonestly or inaccurately, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. If an Application is confirmed by Sponsor to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, the entrant’s sole remedy shall be another Application, if time permits. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or of any other provision.
15. LIST OF SCHOLARSHIP PRIZE RECIPIENTS: The names of the Scholarship Prize Recipients of this Scholarship Program will be posted to one or more of the Sponsor’s social media and/or digital accounts after the winner has been notified.
16. SPONSOR: The Scholarship Program is sponsored by the Garden of Dreams Foundation.
Garden of Dreams Foundation
2 Penn Plaza, 15th Floor
New York, NY